A Global Leader in Technology Education

  (800) 431-8488
  aptc@aptc.edu

Grading System

Determination of successful completion of each course is based on a point system. Points are assigned to specific grades according to the grading scale shown below, and then used to calculate the grade point average (GPA).

Letter Grade Grade Point Grade Percentage
A 4.00 95-100
A- 3.67 90-94
B+ 3.33 87-89
B 3.00 83-86
B- 2.67 80-82
C+ 2.33 77-79
C 2.00 73-76
C- 1.67 70-72
D+ 1.33 67-69
D 1.00 63-66
D- 0.67 60-62
F 0.00 0-59
WF 0.00 0

 

Letter Grade Grade Point Administrative Explanation
IP N/A Course In Progress
W N/A Withdrawal
I N/A Incomplete
CR N/A Credit (ACE Approved Prior 2008)
NC N/A No Credit (ACE Approved Prior 2008)
S N/A Satisfactory (Prior 2008)
U N/A Unsatisfactory (Prior 2008)
AU N/A Audited
(R) N/A Repeated Course
* Repeated courses are not calculated in the GPA.

To receive a Certificate of Course Completion with a passing grade, you must earn a grade of “C-” or better, which corresponds to 630 points on a scale of 900 total possible points (for courses divided into 3 parts), or 210 points on a scale of 300 possible points (for courses not divided into parts).
You can earn 39-40% of the total course grade by completing end of part exams. The remaining 59-60% of the total course grade will be earned by completing the rest of the assessment activities. The grading criteria as well as the points distribution (amount of points assigned to each activity in the course) are specified in the syllabus of each course.

Proctored Exams

One End of Part Exam in every course with 4 credit hours and higher is password protected and will be proctored.
In online and blended (synchronous webcast only) courses the exam is administered by a 3rd party proctoring service at a time scheduled at your convenience, within the exam allotted time. To verify your identity, you will be required to present government issued photo identification. Your instructor will post the detailed procedure for how to take the proctored exam in your online courseroom at the beginning of the course.
For blended courses, where you meet with your instructor in a physical classroom, the exam will be administered in class by your instructor. You will be required to show government issued photo identification prior to taking the exam.

For more detailed information on APT College Grading Policies, Grading System, and Proctored Exam please refer to the College Catalog.


© 2014 APT College LLC, all rights reserved

1939 Palomar Oaks Way Suite A, Carlsbad, CA 92011 | Phone (800) 431-8488, Fax (888) 431-8588